Amanda-Users

Re: Backing up MySQL tables

2003-04-02 17:14:29
Subject: Re: Backing up MySQL tables
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:02:58 -0500
On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 12:27:34PM -0600, Alex Thurlow wrote:
> I need to start backing up MySQL tables on one of my machines, but I've
> heard that to you run the risk of table corruption if you just copy the
> mysql directory while MySQL is running.  Stopping the database is not an
> option, and the only solution I've come up with is having another script do
> a mysql dump and then backing up that.  It seems like a waste of time and
> resources to basically do 2 backups though.  I was just wondering what
> anyone here does for MySQL backups on their own systems?

In the contrib directory there are someone's code to dump oracle db's.
Yes it is a db dump that you feel is a waste.  I'm just pointing it
out as a starting point should you have to go that route.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)