Amanda-Users

RE: Backing up MySQL tables

2003-04-02 16:45:19
Subject: RE: Backing up MySQL tables
From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:39:41 -0500
Dumping the database and then backing up the dump is the right way to go.
Think of the dump as a snapshot of the database. By backing up the snapshot,
you know you're getting a consistent and restorable backup. If you're
worried about the disk space it takes, you can compress it. I've seen this
method used for MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, and Oracle.