Amanda-Users

Backing up MySQL tables

2003-04-02 14:56:05
Subject: Backing up MySQL tables
From: Alex Thurlow <alex.thurlow AT skylist DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:27:34 -0600
I need to start backing up MySQL tables on one of my machines, but I've heard that to you run the risk of table corruption if you just copy the mysql directory while MySQL is running. Stopping the database is not an option, and the only solution I've come up with is having another script do a mysql dump and then backing up that. It seems like a waste of time and resources to basically do 2 backups though. I was just wondering what anyone here does for MySQL backups on their own systems?

Alex Thurlow