Amanda-Users

HP C7200 medium changer

2003-03-20 13:57:09
Subject: HP C7200 medium changer
From: Mats Blomstrand <mats.blomstrand AT htu DOT se>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 18:07:26 +0100
Hi all.
I have a HP C7200 (Dell powervault 128T) medium changer that i cant figure
out how to talk to.  I have read the chg-scsi instructions but i havent managed
to understand what to do other than the "big-picture". That doesnt help when
it comes to details (the devil is in the details, someone wise said :) ).

What device should i specify?

Here is the systems view of the devices.
        bash$ cat /proc/scsi/scsi
        Attached devices:
        Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
          Vendor: HP       Model: C7200            Rev: 140D
          Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 03
        Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
          Vendor: HP       Model: Ultrium 1-SCSI   Rev: E24V
          Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 03

Or rather i should ask: How should i create the device?

Background-info: First time amanda user, Intel PC, RH7.2
//Mats