Amanda-Users

Large partitions

2003-03-18 12:25:33
Subject: Large partitions
From: "David Olbersen" <DOlbersen AT stbernard DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:53:17 -0800
So I've read:
  Can Amanda span large file systems across multiple tapes?
        http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/32.html

Which says to use tar and read:
  Why does `amdump` report 'results missing'?
        http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/9.html

And I'm quite confused based on the two. I obviously don't want to have any
problems using tar, and that last article doesn't leave me with the idea that
things have been fixed!

I also read the recent posts which make it sound like tar will work just fine.

Due to other reasons I'm using amanda-2.4.1p1 on the backup server, and newer
versions on the clients.

Any suggestions? This partition could end up being ~100GB or even 200GB.

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
11415 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, CA 92127