Amanda-Users

Re: EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file [..]

2003-02-28 11:33:53
Subject: Re: EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file [..]
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Odd Rune Dahle <oddrune AT flink DOT no>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:41:22 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 at 7:20am, Odd Rune Dahle wrote

> Joshua Baker-LePain:
> > On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 at 9:13am, Odd Rune Dahle wrote
> > > Load tape daily10 now
> > > Continue? [Y/n]: y
> > > EOF, check amidxtaped.debug file on ns1.
> > And did you do this?  What's in that file?
>
> I'm sorry. I forgot to mention that this file doesn't exist.
>
> ns1:~# updatedb;locate amidxtaped
> ns1:~#

First off, what user you running that command as?  If it's not root or
amanda, then it's not going to pick up /tmp/amanda (where the debug files
live), b/c /tmp/amanda has 700 permissions.

Even if it isn't root, though, it still indicates problems.  As a non root
user on my amanda server:

[jlb@chaos jlb]$ locate amidxtaped
/usr/local/libexec/amidxtaped

How did you configure, compile, and install amanda?  What were the
configure options?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering