Amanda-Users

Re: tip for handling multiple dumps in the holding disk

2003-02-28 05:35:39
Subject: Re: tip for handling multiple dumps in the holding disk
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:19:14 +0100
Mark Stosberg wrote:

Sometimes it's not easy to guess which directory is the correct one, especially
since
two tape sets share the same holding disk. I had a simple solution this-- I set
up each tape set
to use it's own holding disk. This narrows down the possible choices for this
kind of case.

You don't need two disks, just create two subdirectories on the same holdingdisk, and give one directory to each amanda config tape set.

        mkdir /bigdisk/amandahold/daily
        mkdir /bigdisk/amandahold/archive

It would still be nice if Amanda would tell me which tape set each dump belongs to.

What if you run your two configs on the same date? Then the "date" directories contain files mixed for each config. That's why it's better to use separate directories for each config. I assume you know how to look in the header of each file with dd to find out manually which config created the file.