Amanda-Users

tip for handling multiple dumps in the holding disk

2003-02-27 15:25:46
Subject: tip for handling multiple dumps in the holding disk
From: Mark Stosberg <mark AT summersault DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:15:42 +0000 (UTC)
I had an "a ha" moment with Amanda I thought I'd share. Sometimes with
"amflush" I get output like the following:

####
bash-2.05# su -m operator -c 'amflush Sumsault'
Scanning /home2/amanda...
  Desktop-holdingdisk: skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
  20030220: found Amanda directory.
  20030227: found Amanda directory.

Multiple Amanda directories, please pick one by letter:
  A. 20030220
  B. 20030227
Select directories to flush [A..B]: [ALL] B
####

Sometimes it's not easy to guess which directory is the correct one, especially
since
two tape sets share the same holding disk. I had a simple solution this-- I set
up each tape set
to use it's own holding disk. This narrows down the possible choices for this
kind of case.

It would still be nice if Amanda would tell me which tape set each dump belongs
to.

        Mark

  Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer
  mark AT summersault DOT com     Summersault, LLC
  765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
. . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .