Amanda-Users

Re: Help With Restore

2003-02-26 16:56:36
Subject: Re: Help With Restore
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:33:06 -0800
On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:10:31PM -0600, Rebecca Pakish Crum wrote:
> It's been my understanding that you can only use amrecover for
> individual files,

amrecover is quite happy to recover the top directory (and thereby all
it's content).

> and amrestore for entire filesystems. (I could be wrong)

If you're using dump/ufsdump/xfsdump, amrestore is a bit more efficient
for a full restore, because you can 'ufsrestore r' instead of
'ufsrestore i'.

> And in order to use amrecover, you have to have your dumptype
> index parameter set to yes somewhere in your config. Also, you need to
> have amindexd and amidxtaped installed.

Yes.

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461