Amanda-Users

Re: Q: simple but how ?

2003-02-26 05:55:31
Subject: Re: Q: simple but how ?
From: Raúl Wild-Spain <rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com>
To: "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:10:53 +0100
Hi!Toomas,

I've indicated 40Gb because my PowerVault is configured as yours, to compress
data by hardware ( I think in a 2:1 ratio by default). I don't use any software
to compress data, and all the data I should backup are locally to server. Do
you think  in this scenario will I have problems with amanda if I indicate 40Gb
-tapes in my descriptors (or seemed, 35Gb if 40Gb is too much optimistic) ?

I will make use of your filemark and speed values, much thanks ;-)

Best regards,