Amanda-Users

Re: degraded mode

2003-02-13 07:43:41
Subject: Re: degraded mode
From: "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:04:36 +0200
Hi!

> Since this left /amanda/work as unavailable I'd have expected amanda
> to have run in degraded mode writing directly to the tape drive,
> however amanda reported that there was no more room in the work area
> and exited without performing any dumps at all.

Isn't the term 'degraded mode' used in the situation exactly opposite
to yours, i.e. when the tape is not available but holding disk is then
Amanda tries to put as much of stuff as possible on the holding disk?

I still think, though, that in your situation dumps should have gone
directly to tape.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* I haven't lost my mind; I know exactly where I left it.