Amanda-Users

degraded mode

2003-02-12 16:04:44
Subject: degraded mode
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT csserv.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:36:56 -0500 (EST)
Yesterday I did something stupid with my OS config. While I was
reverting the disks from mirrored (RAID 1) to um, JBOD ? just
regular ufs file system with no "disksuite" software I accidently
unmounted /amanda file system, leaving only the /amanda mount point.

Since this left /amanda/work as unavailable I'd have expected amanda
to have run in degraded mode writing directly to the tape drive,
however amanda reported that there was no more room in the work area
and exited without performing any dumps at all.

It was a stupid mistake on my part, now corrected. I was just
surprised at the result. Did amanda perform as expected or should
it have used degraded mode ?

Solaris 8, Amanda 2.4.2p2.

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org