Amanda-Users

Re: Anyone backing up Microsoft Exchange Server?

2003-02-11 16:19:51
Subject: Re: Anyone backing up Microsoft Exchange Server?
From: Leonid Mamtchenkov <f.l.amanda-users AT news.francoudi DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:01:53 +0000 (UTC)
Jeff Borders <jeff AT jeffborders DOT com> wrote:
JB> Most commercial backup softwares have an optional exchange module and
JB> open files module that does this.  I was wondering if anyone had worked
JB> through this with amanda.  I don't see anything on google or the FAQ
JB> about this.

MS Exchange is rather tricky to backup.  Especially, if you are talking
about the 5.5 release.  I've had problems with several programs trying
to do that and failing.  For the time being, the best option I've found
is to do an ntbackup of Exchange into a file, and then, backup that file
up with amanda onto tape.  That works.

--
Best regards,
  Leonid Mamtchenkov, RHCE