Amanda-Users

Re: NAK: amandad busy

2003-02-11 12:32:11
Subject: Re: NAK: amandad busy
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:03:34 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 at 5:06pm, justin m. clayton wrote
>
> > I've been receiving this error on some, but not always all, of my hosts
> > during amcheck. What could be causing this issue? Which logs are most
> > likely to be housing the magic info I need to solve this?
>
> If there's already an amandad running (i.e. one from a previous run that
> never died), you'll get this error.  Look in /tmp/amanda/amandad*debug.
> Also look at the output of 'ps' when you get the error.

The other way this can happen is if you have multiple names in your
disklist that refer to the same client machine.  Amanda will consider
them unique due to their names being different and try to contact
each name separately, but the amanda client is not multi-threaded and
will NAK the 2nd connection attempt if the 1st is still running.

This should be a FAQ if it isn't already.

-Mitch