Amanda-Users

Re: NAK: amandad busy

2003-02-11 10:56:54
Subject: Re: NAK: amandad busy
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "justin m. clayton" <justincl AT u.washington DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:24:34 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 at 5:06pm, justin m. clayton wrote

> I've been receiving this error on some, but not always all, of my hosts
> during amcheck. What could be causing this issue? Which logs are most
> likely to be housing the magic info I need to solve this?

If there's already an amandad running (i.e. one from a previous run that
never died), you'll get this error.  Look in /tmp/amanda/amandad*debug.
Also look at the output of 'ps' when you get the error.

You don't mention your OS, but I saw this problem with some of the recent
RedHat errata kernels and amanda 2.4.2p2.  Upgrading to 2.4.3 solved it.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering