Amanda-Users

Problems with reiserfs?

2003-02-11 04:18:16
Subject: Problems with reiserfs?
From: Rainer Hofmann <hofmann AT labormerten DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:53:56 +0100
Hi,
I've setup a new workstation to be integrated in daily backup cycles.
amcheck doesn't show any problems. Access is granted. But when it comes to
amdump the following error message turns up in report file:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  pc034      /usr lev 0 FAILED [disk /usr offline on pc034?]
  pc034      /var lev 0 FAILED [disk /var offline on pc034?]
  pc034      /home lev 0 FAILED [disk /home offline on pc034?]
  pc034      / lev 0 FAILED [disk / offline on pc034?]

pc034:~ # cat /etc/fstab
/dev/hda5            /                    reiserfs   defaults              1 1
/dev/hda1            /boot                ext2       defaults              1 2
/dev/hda7            /home                reiserfs   defaults              1 2
/dev/hdb6            /tmp                 ext2       defaults              1 2
/dev/hda6            /usr                 reiserfs   defaults              1 2
/dev/hdb7            /var                 reiserfs   defaults              1 2

Is reiserfs the problem? The amanda version installed on the backup server is
amanda-2.4.1p1-29. On a different machine I'm running ext3 which is backed up
properly on the same backup server.

Thanks!

Rainer Hofmann
--