Amanda-Users

Re: gotchas to consider when upgrading from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3?

2003-02-11 10:54:58
Subject: Re: gotchas to consider when upgrading from 2.4.2 to 2.4.3?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Mark Stosberg <mark AT summersault DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:22:11 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 at 6:24pm, Mark Stosberg wrote

> At my Amanda installation, we have a server and several clients all
> running 2.4.2p2. I would like to upgrade at least the server to take
> advantage of some of the features in 2.4.3. I have some questions for
> veterans of this upgrade:
>
>  - will the existing amanda config files work directly?

Yep.  Of course, you'll need to add tokens to take advantage of any new
2.4.3 options you like (e.g. autoflush).

>  - Do we need to upgrade the clients, if they don't need to take
>  advantage of any of the new configuration options in 2.4.3?

No.  If you, by accident, try to use some of the new features on a client
that doesn't support it, amcheck will warn you.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering