Amanda-Users

The Old Selfcheck Issue

2003-02-10 16:34:34
Subject: The Old Selfcheck Issue
From: Brad <rbt AT vt DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 10 Feb 2003 14:17:15 -0500
Hello,

We change the IP address on our amanda server because we moved to a new
building. Now, when we run "su amanda -c "amcheck daily" we continually
get the 'selfcheck request timed out' error, but the server can still
check the other hosts it backs up. No other changes were made to the
server. It was up and running for several months before the move w/o any
problems. Here's what I've verified:

amanda can write to /var/tmp/amanda
there are no firewalls in place
according to lsof, all amanda services are still running
I can ping the server from itself and from other clients on the network
Restarting xinetd or rebooting does not correct the problem
The server has entries for itself in /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts

Any ideas? We're using version 2.4.2p2-7 on a RH 7.3 server (it was
installed with RH's default rpms). Like I said earlier, it worked
perfectly for several months before we moved to the new building and
changed IPs, but that doesn't seem like it should cause this.

Thanks