Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx error

2003-02-10 13:46:00
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx error
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: Benjamin Herbert <herbert AT isis.visi DOT com>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 13:08:14 -0500
On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 12:01, Benjamin Herbert wrote:
> I dont have a changer.conf file.  I only have a changer.conf-clean,
> changer.conf-access and a changer.conf-slot file.  They all contain 0 in
> them.

Benjamin,
Think of the 'changerfile' config element as a prefix for a number of
changer-related config and status files.  I also use chg-zd-mtx, and my
changerfile is set to /etc/amanda/Servers/CHANGER, which results in the
following files:

CHANGER-access
CHANGER-barcodes
CHANGER-clean
CHANGER-slot

These are all status files used by the glue script and do not need to be
edited.  I also have CHANGER.conf in which I placed my local variables,
like firstslot, lastslot, cleanslot, etc.  You have to create this file,
so chg-zd-mtx can find it by sticking '.conf' to the end of the path
specified in changerfile.

HTH,
Eric