Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx error

2003-02-10 12:27:31
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx error
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Benjamin Herbert <herbert AT isis.visi DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:51:32 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 at 10:07am, Benjamin Herbert wrote

> I am trying to use the chg-zd-mtx script to contorl the tape changer on
> an exabyte LTO tape changer.  I am running redhat 7.3.
>
> Heres is some of the stuff in my amanda.conf:
>
> tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"  # the tape-changer glue script
> tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
> rawtapedev "/dev/nst0"  # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
> changerfile "/usr/local/amanda/etc/amanda/test/changer.conf"
> changerdev "/dev/sg0"

Are you sure about that changerdev?  For my Overland changer, the tape
drive and robotics have separate SCSI IDs.  The tape drive is ID 4, and
the robotics are ID 6.  Therefore the tape drive is sg0, and the robotics
are sg1.

> Here is the command that I run:
>
> /usr/local/amanda/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -info
>

> Here is the output of the command:
>
> [root@XXXXX test]$ /usr/local/amanda/libexec/chg-zd-mtx -info
> /usr/local/amanda/libexec/chg-zd-mtx: [: : integer expression expected
> /usr/local/amanda/libexec/chg-zd-mtx: [: -lt: unary operator expected
>  6 1

First, can mtx talk to your changer?  What's the output of 'mtx -f
/dev/sg0 status' (or sg1, as above).

If the device is correct, we'll need to see your CHANGER.conf file.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering