Amanda-Users

Re: dumper dying, out of memory

2003-02-07 16:25:02
Subject: Re: dumper dying, out of memory
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:45:31 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 at 11:37am, John Oliver wrote

> ~19GB.  But the failure happens when it's also trying to back up a
> bunch of other stuff.  That's my question... why doesn't amanda save
> this big partition for a run with other incremental backups, so there
> *will* be room?

Well, again, if the dumpers are getting killed, the EOT message may be a
red herring.  But, if that's not the reason, then amanda *thinks*
everything it's grabbing will fit in the tapelength you've defined.  If
it's mistaken in this, then it's possible that things aren't compressing
like it thought they would, or something is estimating wrong, or...

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering