Amanda-Users

Re: Force level 0 on certain days?

2003-02-07 11:32:46
Subject: Re: Force level 0 on certain days?
From: "David Flood" <dpf AT scms.rgu.ac DOT uk>
To: "wab" <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:58:47 -0000
I'm not sure if this is what you mean but amadmin has the ability to force
level 0 dumps.

amadmin CONF HOSTNAME [DISKLIST]

For example:

To force a level 0 of every disklist entry for the host backupserver in the
config homes:

amadmin homes backupserver

To force a level 0 for backupserver:/export/home in conf homes:

amadmin homes backupserver /export/home

So if you wanted to run it every Friday you could put it in the crontab. There
is maybe a
more efficient way of doing this but this method will work.

See the amadmin man page for further details.

On 7 Feb 2003 at 9:47, wab wrote:

> I know that one of Amanda's greatest strengths is that it uses a good
> algorithm to adjust when to do level 0's, level 1's, etc. Leave it to me
> to want to mess it all up!
>
> I'm wondering if it's possible to Force a level 0 of a certain
> filesystem on a certain day, say, Friday.
>
> ~wab~

David Flood
Systems Administrator