Amanda-Users

Re: Force level 0 on certain days?

2003-02-07 10:54:03
Subject: Re: Force level 0 on certain days?
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: wab <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:19:53 -0500 (EST)
WAB,

This has been discussed before I'm sure my ideas are not unique.

In my jukebox which has multiple slots for tapes I've established
a second tape pool which will only be used on Saturdays and I run
a separate amanda.conf that I've configured to use "always-full"
in the disklist. You can do the same with a single drive and a
second tape pool.

A second way, if you really want to mess with the weekly schedule
is to put in (I assume unix running amcheck/amdump) your crontab
file (for the amanda user) an amadmin command to "force" level 0
on your file systems.

I'm sure there are other options as well.