Amanda-Users

Re: Sun L1000 and Amanda

2003-02-05 16:17:40
Subject: Re: Sun L1000 and Amanda
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Raymond Keckler <kecklerr AT homes DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:29:15 -0500 (EST)
Ray,

Following advice (I can dig through my email, I can't take
credit) from amanda_users...

modify /kernel/drv/sgen.conf, add lines "like" the following
Note, my changers are on busses 5 and 6 both at SCSI id 4.

device-type-config-list="changer";
name="sgen" class="scsi" target=4 lun=0;

        # devfsadm -i sgen loads the driver

my changers became availalbe at /dev/scsi/changer/c5t4d0 and
                                /dev/scsi/changer/c6t4d0

Note that amanda.conf will use both changerdev and tapedev
information...

ah, credit - Darin Perusich <darinper AT cognigencorp DOT com>
thank you Darin, my system is working beautifully.

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org