Amanda-Users

Re: new installation concerns

2003-02-05 16:11:56
Subject: Re: new installation concerns
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Jozwiak, Paul" <pjozwiak AT websitepros DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:30:36 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 at 2:49pm, Jozwiak, Paul wrote

> Not sure where to start.  I am totally new to the backup game.  I have good
> common sense but a considerable amount to learn, fast, concerning a good
> backup plan and strategies.  I have installed Amanda 2.4.3 with all the
> supporting packages and am not sure where to start.  I have a 40 tape 4
> drive library.  I have read through the readme's but there is still a
> disconnect.  Anyone care to pass on some Amanda knowledge to get me up and
> running.

A good place to start:

http://www.backupcentral.com/amanda.html

For changer specific stuff, look in docs/TAPE.CHANGERS.  Also, there have
been some threads here concerning multi-drive libraries, so look through
the archives.  Feel free to come back here when you hit issues (note that
we fully expect you to ;).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering