Amanda-Users

The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape

2003-02-03 13:11:56
Subject: The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape
From: John <john AT keimel DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:26:54 -0500
Long story short.

Ran tapetype on a 230m tape. Then got a box of 170m tapes without
noticing.

Tape 4, a 170M tape was snapped at it's end.

I amrmtape tape4, and now amanda insists it needs a new tape to flush
the stored backups to.

I'm now gettings:

*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [cannot overwrite active tape Daily01].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.

Is there a way to make it use the existing 7 remaining tapes instead of
throwing a new tape at it? It's mostly a time thing for getting a new
tape, but it'd be nice to be able to go on with the next tape in the
cycle.

Any suggestions?

I google'd for this and the only useful thing relating to this is that
'it's a showstopper' which is not what I really want to hear. :(

If it IS a showstopper, I'll have to hope the dump to disk has enough
space til the tape can arrive.

Thanks folks.