Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda says "No space left on device" on any tape

2002-12-23 21:12:51
Subject: Re: Amanda says "No space left on device" on any tape
From: Ivan Zaigralin <ivanz AT ie-sys DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:46:22 -0800

You were absolutely right!

I ran dd and it failed with the same message.

I ran a search querry (in groups) without "amanda" and
found out it could be just a reading error. I ran the cleaning tape
(had to do it twice) and presto, it's working again. I just realized,
whoever set this up, did not schedule any cleaning, although it's
as simple as putting a tape in the magazine.

Great, thanks again people, I didn't hope to resolve it on the same day :)

Until it fails again.

Ivan

Jon LaBadie wrote:
I suggest you investigate this problem outside of amanda software.

The message "No space left on device" is not one I find in any
amanda software.  On my system (Solaris 8) it is the generic system
message printed in response to "error 28" (see /usr/include/errno.h).