Amanda-Users

Re: Connection to my floppy?

2002-12-17 09:13:50
Subject: Re: Connection to my floppy?
From: Harri Haataja <harri.haataja AT smilehouse DOT com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:30:31 +0200
On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 07:06:11PM +0100, Thorsten Bremer wrote:
> when using Amanda I have this problem:
>
> with EVERY amanda-command (i.e. amcheck or amdump), first I see a
> connection to my floppy disk. When no disk is inserted, my console is
> filled with error-messages ("end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00
> (floppy), sector 0") and after some tries, the amanca-command started
> working.
>
> When using amdump, amanda do this before every new file on the holding
> disk, after that, he copies the data to the holding disk and started
> filling the tape as normal.
>
> I gave him a floppy-disk to eat (unformatted and formatted with FAT,
> Minix and so on), but I can see no change on the floppy-disk after
> that.
>
> After making a loud noise in my floppy, Amanda works perfectly :-)
>
> My question: What the hell will amanda do on my floppy? I didn't think
> that we really tries to store data on 1.44 MB :-))
> How can I stop this behaviour.

Are you running an automounter of any kind?
I think amanda is just trying to determine something about the
filesystem and stumbles across the automounter dirs (or links to autofs,
which I use on workstations). At least that's what I thought and didn't
look further into it.

--
Once in Africa I lost the corkscrew and we were
forced to live on food and water for weeks.