Amanda-Users

Connection to my floppy?

2002-12-16 10:54:27
Subject: Connection to my floppy?
From: Thorsten Bremer <lists-read AT thoddi DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:06:11 +0100
Hello,

when using Amanda I have this problem:

with EVERY amanda-command (i.e. amcheck or amdump), first I see a
connection to my floppy disk. When no disk is inserted, my console is
filled with error-messages ("end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00
(floppy), sector 0") and after some tries, the amanca-command started
working.

When using amdump, amanda do this before every new file on the
holding disk, after that, he copies the data to the holding disk and
started filling the tape as normal.

I gave him a floppy-disk to eat (unformatted and formatted with FAT,
Minix and so on), but I can see no change on the floppy-disk after
that.

After making a loud noise in my floppy, Amanda works perfectly :-)

My question: What the hell will amanda do on my floppy? I didn't think
that we really tries to store data on 1.44 MB :-))
How can I stop this behaviour.

Thanks.

--
Bis denne,                 <° ><