Amanda-Users

tape-changer

2002-12-12 20:36:45
Subject: tape-changer
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT csserv.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:06:43 -0500 (EST)
Hello,

I'm installing amanda  2.4.2p2 on Solaris 8 and would
like to configure it to use an HP c7145 tape Jukebox.
That is an LTO jukebox with a 9 tape capacity.

So we need to configure a tape changer...

tpchanger "chg-mtx"     # the tape-changer glue script
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/ninfo/changer.conf"

I'm completely uncertain if I should be using chg-mtx
or chg-multi, I'm guessing mtx as it is described as
"former hp-changer".

Also I don't know where to look up the parameters for
the drive, eject parameters, length, filemark, speed...

The LTO is similar to the SDLT in physical appearance
(not that that matters much) and also in capacity.

Please tell me I'm not the first to try to use this
particular jukebox and tape type.

                                        thanks,

                                        Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org