Amanda-Users

Re: Trouble getting SAMBA to work with AMANDA

2002-12-05 17:36:06
Subject: Re: Trouble getting SAMBA to work with AMANDA
From: Jeffery Smith <smith AT skycomputers DOT com>
To: "Richard B. Tilley " "(Brad)" <rtilley AT vt DOT edu>
Date: 05 Dec 2002 16:46:40 -0500
Sorry I forgot to mention this in my previous reply.  I did mention it
in my last reply, but I think it was still in transit.

The Win2K box is NTFS.  The Win98 is FAT32.

I checked the permissions and on the Win98 box it is now set to
full-control.  I checked on the Win2k box and changed the "backup"
account from backup operators group to administrators.

Unfortunately, no change in the backup results.  The report & logs look
just the same...

I will try a subdirectory (rather than the entire C: drive) on the Win2k
box tomorrow and will make the it owned with full access for the
"backup" account.  If that works, I should be able to use your ntbackup
approach.  :)

Jeff

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 15:37, Richard B. Tilley (Brad) wrote:
> On the Windows shares, I'm assuming that they are both fat partitions.
> You must allow full-control of the share, not just read (or whatever MS
> calls it).

| Jeffery Smith - Systems Administrator - smith AT skycomputers DOT com |
| Sky Computers, Inc. (www.skycomputers.com)                     |