ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage

2018-02-08 09:42:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 14:41:05 +0000
 Content preview:  We briefly looked into doing replication, but trying to
convince
    our user base (scientists) that they should get several petabytes of disk
    that they couldn't directly use would have been a non-starter. At the time
    we also "only" had 10Gbps Internet connection, and sync'ing upwards of
50TB/day
    would have consumed a substantial part of that uplink. :) [...]

  pts rule name              description
  0.7 SPF_NEUTRAL            SPF: sender does not match SPF record (neutral)
 -0.0 T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD      Envelope sender domain matches handover relay
                             domain
        Rule breakdown below
         pts rule name              description

On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 11:38:30AM +0000, Abbott, Joseph wrote:
> I agree with Remco 100%.
> If you can stay away from NDMP.
> We have a large Isilon environment which we backup with TSM/NDMP. It run very
> long, is absolutely horrific for restores.
> We are making the switch over to Isilon snapshots and replication both native
> to the Isilon. These solutions outperform TSM/NDMP tenfold.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354