ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage

2018-02-08 09:38:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to backup ISILON storage
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 14:37:16 +0000
 Content preview:  We have a pool of 3 1U servers with 10GbE connectivity that
    mount /ifs (and various subdirectories) over NFS. Each node has a set of
   schedules that has a subset of the mount points added with -domain
statements.
    If a node fails, we can move those schedules easily over to another node
   while it's being repaired. We actually use this same technique for some
legacy
    Hitachi/BlueARC storage, and it's worked well for that as well. [...]

  pts rule name              description
  0.7 SPF_NEUTRAL            SPF: sender does not match SPF record (neutral)
 -0.0 T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD      Envelope sender domain matches handover relay
                             domain
  0.0 IP_LINK_PLUS           URI: Dotted-decimal IP address followed by CGI
  0.0 NORMAL_HTTP_TO_IP      URI: URI host has a public dotted-decimal IPv4
                             address
        Rule breakdown below
         pts rule name              description
        ---- ----------------------
        0.00 NORMAL_HTTP_TO_IP      Uses a dotted-decimal IP address in URL
        0.00 IP_LINK_PLUS           URI: Dotted-decimal IP address followed by
CGI
        0.80 BSF_SC7_SA015c         Custom Rule SA015c

We have a pool of 3 1U servers with 10GbE connectivity that mount /ifs (and
various subdirectories) over NFS. Each node has a set of schedules that
has a subset of the mount points added with -domain statements. If a node
fails, we can move those schedules easily over to another node while it's
being repaired. We actually use this same technique for some legacy
Hitachi/BlueARC storage, and it's worked well for that as well.

We don't use ACLs or anything beyond POSIX ownership and permissions, so
don't have to worry about that complexity. I think life would be much more
complicated if that were a requirement, though I would still try to find a
way to avoid NDMP.