ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] log not flushing

2017-11-09 09:39:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] log not flushing
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 14:38:26 +0000
 Content preview:  Hi Remco, This sounds like database reorganization to me.
   You can verify by looking for ANR0293I ("reorganization for table ...
started")
    and ANR0294I ("reorganization for table ... ended") messages in the activity
    log. There are some server option tunings you can do to control it
(ALLOWREORGTABLE,
    ALLOWREORGINDEX, REORGBEGINTIME, REORGDURATION) but in general it's a good
    thing for long-term performance and disk utilization. When the server is
   otherwise idle is actually the best time to do the reorgs, since it won't
   interfere with your production loads. [...]

  pts rule name              description
  0.7 SPF_NEUTRAL            SPF: sender does not match SPF record (neutral)
 -0.0 RP_MATCHES_RCVD        Envelope sender domain matches handover relay
domain
        Rule breakdown below
         pts rule name              description
        ---- ----------------------

On Thu, Nov 09, 2017 at 12:57:05PM +0100, Remco Post wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> for my current customer we???ve build a number of SP 8.1.1 servers. One thing
> that is new is that sometimes the server doesn???t empty the DB2 active log
> after a full database backup. The only way it seems that the log gets flushed
> is by restarting the TSM server. I???ve seen this now 2 or 3 times in the few
> months that we???re actively using these servers and it makes me feel uneasy.
> And no, it???s not like the server is very busy, the server was completely
> idle as far as I can see.
>
> --
>
>  Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,
>
> Remco Post