ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] log not flushing

2017-11-09 06:59:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] log not flushing
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 12:57:05 +0100
Hi All,

for my current customer we’ve build a number of SP 8.1.1 servers. One thing
that is new is that sometimes the server doesn’t empty the DB2 active log after
a full database backup. The only way it seems that the log gets flushed is by
restarting the TSM server. I’ve seen this now 2 or 3 times in the few months
that we’re actively using these servers and it makes me feel uneasy. And no,
it’s not like the server is very busy, the server was completely idle as far as
I can see.

--

 Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post