ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Is TSM for VE 7.1.1.1 pagefile aware? Is it contrained to a single process per datamover? What constitutes a successful backup?

2015-03-02 12:23:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] Is TSM for VE 7.1.1.1 pagefile aware? Is it contrained to a single process per datamover? What constitutes a successful backup?
From: "Schaub, Steve" <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 17:22:08 +0000
1.       Is VE pagefile aware?  I.E. is it smart enough to know not to bother
backing up changed blocks from within the pagefile.sys file?

2.       It appears to me that a given datamover only uses a single Windows
process, even for multiple concurrent backups.  That would seem to constrain it
to a single core.  Can someone confirm/deny?  If it is, does it make sense to
define multiple datamovers per "proxy server" in order to take advantage of
multi-core machines?

3.       Why do schedules with failed VM backups show "successful"?
02/28/2015 02:37:11 Total number of virtual machines failed: 4
02/28/2015 02:37:11 Total number of virtual machines processed: 375
02/28/2015 02:37:11 Scheduled event 'VE_INCR_N01_BCBST_DM02' completed
successfully.

Thanks,

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Backup/Recovery
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm