ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM rant

2015-01-31 12:15:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM rant
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 12:13:02 -0500
Thank you for all of this input.

As many of you know, I have been a TSM lifer.
I started with WDSF in 1991, then ADSM, then TSM,
(and whatever future renames may happen).

We started with VM/CMS, DOS 3.1, OS/2, and AIX/RT. Remember those?
Now TSM is doing things like VMware and Hyper-V and Cloud.

Up until recently, I was a developer/architect working on
various client pieces like DP/Exchange, DP/SQL, FCM,
and various other client technologies.

I hang out on this list because I know that you guys
are the best of the best. I have learned as much from you
as you have learned from me. Thank you for that.

I have heard everything you all said on this thread.
I am sorry for the frustration you have felt.

At the end of last year, I moved to the product management team.
I did this because I am committed to TSM and its future.
In this role, I am more directly involved with helping prioritize
and direct where we take TSM into the future. I will take
everything I have learned from you and apply it to my new role.

I firmly believe that the future of TSM is bright.
I am committed to making that happen.

Thank you,

Del