ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] basic DR questions

2015-01-27 13:05:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] basic DR questions
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:03:18 -0800
It sounds like the main thing you'll need is to restore your TSM database.
Having a backup of your volhistory and devconfig files would help but if
you have a small site you might be able to do it from memory.

If you are using DISK-type diskpools, you'll want to treat them as
destroyed since volumes are not log-structured like FILE-type volumes are.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 09:15:34AM -0800, Andrew Ferris wrote:
> Hello ADSM-ers,
>
> Our ancient 5.5 (EOL I know) TSM server on windows just corrupted it's C:
> drive (so OS + Server Program Files) but everything else is fine - the
> diskpools, the logs, the db files, the library, etc. I even have copies of
> dsmserv.opt, devconfig.out, and volhist.out. I have a plan file but I would
> prefer to pull back as few tapes as possible from offsite.
>
> What would be the quickest way to restore TSM given the large amount of
> non-destroyed material I have?
>
> Sorry my DRM skills are so rusty.
>
> thanks,
> Andrew Ferris