ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] NDMP restores

2014-07-01 08:08:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] NDMP restores
From: Nick Marouf <marouf AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 06:06:05 -0600
Good morning,

 I've recently been running into a very odd problem that maybe someone on
the list might have experienced in the past.

 We currently have virtual machines that are provisioned from a NetApp data
filer. Using VSC we take daily snapshots on the backend. We use virtual
nodes setup to map to the the filer for an NDMP data backup.

This process has been working and stable for some time. However, with only
one of the many datastores when I restore a specific virtual machine
instance to a new empty datastore location, the restore itself is
successful.

If I browse the datastore location, Almost all files have the requested
PITD,PITT however the machinename-flat.vmdk and vmware.log file are from
the most recent backup.

Multiple trial and errors with various specified days, all act the same way.

I'm on TSM 6.2.1 RHEL

Has anyone see this behavior from before?

Thank you,
-Nick