ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Admin accounts with mutiple TSM servers

2014-07-01 06:08:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Admin accounts with mutiple TSM servers
From: Karel Bos <tsm.wad AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 12:06:11 +0200
Agreed, confige a tsm server instance with sole purpose of being config
manager and make all the backup servers config clients. We use it for years
to sync global admins, standard policies and script between all backup
servers.

In our case we added this role to one of the tsm library manager servers.
They dont have clients installed and without it environment is pretty much
down anyways.

1 of the biggest issues is password expiration. Admin with expired password
can still log on to config clients. This issue should  be solved in version
7.
Also reuse of passwords breaks sync of admin. I dont know if that is solved
in version 7 but if not expired password is still set so that admin cant
log on untill using a new password.