ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM NDMP HNAS Question?

2013-12-10 14:00:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM NDMP HNAS Question?
From: "Underdown,John William" <JUNDERDOWN AT SYNOVUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:57:41 +0000
Hi All.

i'm trying to determine if it's possible to setup a HNAS (Hitachi) 3080
NDMP backup to TSM Server 6.3.4.0/RHEL 6.4. we don't have any tape in
our environment, virtual or otherwise, we're disk only. the SAN admin
can create a FC connection between the TSM server and the HNAS if it can
be used for lan free backups.

i'm assuming these steps on the TSM server (excluding setting up policy
domain, copy group, storage pools, and etc):

register node type=nas.
define datamover type=nas
define virtualfsmapping

i don't know if this is possible without some type of library and if so
how does TSM negotiate the FC path?

if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Many Thanks.

john underdown