ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving TSM server from AIX to Linux

2013-04-04 19:02:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving TSM server from AIX to Linux
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 23:00:38 +0000
One thing that is supported if your servers are 6.3:
You can set up node replication from one server to another, and the 2 servers
don't have to be the same platform.
Then kill off the old server.

But for V5, export/import is the only supported way.
And depending on your network, your available hardware, number of clients, your
avg data retention time, export/import maybe faster anyway.

Your biggest problem will be that either with export/import or replication, you
need double the media, as all the data has to move to the format supported by
the target server.