ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving TSM server from AIX to Linux

2013-04-04 10:48:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving TSM server from AIX to Linux
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:45:25 -0400
Was the Solaris system using SPARC processors? Solaris on SPARC
and Linux on IBM mainframe share the big-endian byte order. I
would be much less optimistic about a database backup and
restore involving platforms with opposite byte order, such as
a backup from AIX and a restore to Linux on x86.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital