ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving TSM server from AIX to Linux

2013-04-04 10:50:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving TSM server from AIX to Linux
From: "Loon, EJ van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 16:48:55 +0200
>From the 6.4 manuals:

Restriction: In most cases, you cannot upgrade your server to run on an
operating system that is different from the operating system that it
currently runs on. For example, you cannot upgrade a server that is
running on an AIX(r) system to a server on a Linux system. The only
exception is a cross-platform upgrade from a V5 server that is running
on z/OS(r) to a V6.3 or later server on AIX or Linux on System z(r). For
more information about the cross-platform upgrade, see Migrating Tivoli
Storage Manager V5 servers on z/OS systems to V6 on AIX or Linux on
System z.

So although it might work, it's not supported!
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon
AF/KLM Storage Engineering