ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange indiviual mailbox restore failure

2010-10-27 12:51:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange indiviual mailbox restore failure
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:50:07 -0400
As Cory stated and is documented:

"For Exchange 2010, both the Client Access (CAS) role and the Mailbox
role must be installed on the machine where the
Data Protection for Exchange mailbox restore is being performed."

This is a current limitation that will require a fix from Microsoft
and possibly some updates to Data Protection for Exchange
to resolve completely.

IBM is working with Microsoft to resolve this limitation.

Until a "fix" is available, the only workaround is to perform
the IMR restore on a machine that has the CAS role installed.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 10/27/2010
11:56:07 AM: