ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange indiviual mailbox restore failure

2010-10-28 08:43:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange indiviual mailbox restore failure
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 08:43:13 -0400
Bjoern,

I have seen many customers set up a special Exchange server just for
doing these IMR restores. It helps offload the processing so that
their production servers are not consumed by the IMR restores.
It also provides relief for the problem described below until a
final solution is available.

IBM is actively addressing the limitation and working
closely with Microsoft to get it resolved. Since this does
require a fix from Microsoft, I cannot tell you exactly when
a fix will be available, but there is something in the works.
We hope to see something fairly soon, but I cannot
guarantee it since it involves a hotfix from Microsoft.

Until then, you can look at the "Restore-Mailbox" Powershell
cmdlet or tools like FastBack for Exchange to help bridge you.
There are other 3rd-party tools that can extract mailbox data
directly from the .EDB file if you search them on the web.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 10/28/2010
07:48:48 AM: