ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Syntax for SQL "upper" in TSM 6.2

2010-07-01 14:54:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: Syntax for SQL "upper" in TSM 6.2
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:53:54 -0500
PAC Brion Arnaud wrote:

> My problem is not to only look for some value in a field, but for
> some value as PART of the field, so something like :
>
> Upper(%'$1'%)
>
> And this does not work :-(

And as-written, it shouldn't work.  Your full example used '%$1%' (with
the "%" inside the quotes), which should be correct.  But your simplified
example keeps using %'$1'% (with the "%" outside the quotes), which is
definitely incorrect.

Try your simplified example with the "%" wildcards inside the quotes,
and maybe show us the actual errors you're getting back from the full
query you're trying to write.

(Maybe someone else currently running a 6.2 server can try a quick and
simple script with a query involving the upper('%$1%') construct just to
validate that it works correctly in 6.2?)

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa