ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Linux i/o schedulers and TSM

2010-04-28 04:43:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Linux i/o schedulers and TSM
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:23:29 +0200
I've done some test regarding this but it was a pretty long time ago so I
don't have any results to share, sorry, just an opinion.

The default in RHEL is the CFQ scheduler which should be optimized for
throughput which is what we want.

Your other choices would be:

deadline        if you need low latency
noop            no scheduling at all

You should probably give atleast the noop scheduler a try if you have
the time since it could be beneficial depending on your storage, otherwise
CFQ is an OK general purpose scheduler.

-km