ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Active Log --- Trouble

2010-04-05 10:47:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Active Log --- Trouble
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:43:26 -0400
A crucial point is the DB backups MUST BE FULL  -  Incrementals no longer
clear the logs!

In a previous discussion on this topic, it was determined you must also
perform corresponding VOLHIST backups.

I schedule 3-FULL DB BACKUPS and DAILY VOLHIST BACKUPS on my lone V6
server.  This is the only way I have been able to keep my sanity

This plus the issue of requiring 3x DB space/size vs V5.

I am getting concerned about migrating more servers to V6, considering the
increased storage requirements.  I have a server with 175GB DB.  Moving
this to V6 and having to allow for 500GB DB plus who knows how much active
log and archive log space (current V6 have 600GB for logs) is going to be
a strain.  Can't "upgrade" any servers (would take weeks and not enough
free disk space).