ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Active Log --- Trouble

2010-04-05 12:01:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Active Log --- Trouble
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:59:22 -0500
I've got a Win2K3 TSM server on 6.1.3.1.
Backup load is 2-3 TB per day, 160 daily client schedules, mostly
Windows , Linux, and SQL..
DB is ~200GB, 1 full per day works fine.
Nothing odd about DB backups on this platform IFF you have
ALLOWREORGTABLE NO
in dsmserv.opt, which is a workaround for an APAR that is still open.
(I'll dig that APAR number up if you need it.)

However, as someone posted earlier, on Windows the active log CAN grow
past the size specified for it.
I don't think there's an APAR open for that one.